Narcissistic abuse is a very serious matter, which has a devastating impact on the emotional and psychological health of the victims.1 in 200 People in the United States have Narcissistic personality disorder. 
Relationships are always welcome and sought after. Who does not want a good relationship that is built on trust, love and respect for one another? In your quest to find a perfect partner you could land up with a narcissistic personality and that could really ruin your life and relationship. If you are in a toxic relationship or you’ve recently ended a toxic relationship with someone with narcissistic traits, you’re likely dealing with plenty of negative emotions and state of distress such as shock, pain, guilt, low self-esteem, anger, confusion, loneliness. Negative self-beliefs, long term feelings of loneliness and social isolation can eventually lead to anxiety and depression.
Someone Out There Cares About You!
Narcissistic Abuse SyndromeLately, an increasing number of books, articles, blogs, YouTube videos, and social networking sites are focusing on Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome.Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome is a chronic pattern of physical, emotional and / or sexual abuse perpetrated by a pathological narcissist against weaker and more vulnerable individuals. It is a condition that occurs when a person has been spending a significant amount of time with a narcissistic personality. Because Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome victims generally lack confidence, self-esteem, and a social support network , they are prone to feeling trapped by the perpetrator.
Signs of Narcissistic AbuseHere are the 9 signs of narcissistic abuse and toxic relationships.
You must consider these signs of narcissistic abuse as red flags and act accordingly.
1. Arrogance and egocentricity
- Your partner always expects them to be seen and treated as superior.
2. Lack of empathy and extreme selfishness
- If your partner seems to ignore your needs and feelings, there is a good chance that he is narcissistic.
3. An insatiable need for validation and respect
- If you see that your partner still needs you to constantly stroke his ego and tell him that he's awesome, smart, talented… etc. So chances are you are with a narcissist.
4. Power and domination.
- Although they appear self- confident, narcissists have low self - esteem, and because of these deep feelings of weakness, they compensate for this by being greedy for power and control
5. An exaggerated sense of being entitled to privileged treatment
- Your narcissistic partner always demands and expects immediate, unmistakable, and automatic respect.
6. Resentment and envy at the success of others
- A narcissist always sees another person's accomplishment as a threat to their superiority and the arrival of a new competitor on their turf.
7. A vindictive, aggressive and moody person
- Narcissists have immature emotional development, and therefore they tend to behave in unpredictable ways.
8. Someone who is defensive and hypersensitive
- One of the major traits of narcissists is that they are incapable of taking criticism and they tend to view any comments as threatening and insulting.
9. A changing personality
- If you are in a relationship with a narcissist, you will certainly notice that their behavior can quickly switch between kindness and cruelty.
Narcissistic Abuse Cycle
Idealization Phase. When the relationship between the Narcissist and the Victim begins.
Devaluation Phase.This can occur openly in front of the Victim or covertly, behind their back.
Discard Phase.When the victim is no longer useful to the narcissist, the discarding phase begins.
Overcoming Narcissistic Abuse
Narcissistic Abuse RecoveryTwo important things to keep in mind:
Work on increasing your social support. There are ways to alleviate loneliness by developing better social skills and this could help you overcome self-disgust.
- 1. The abuse is not your fault
- 2. It’s never too late to heal
How Vigyaa.io HelpsVigyaa.io is a perfect platform to support your healing journey and reclaim your inner harmony. It is a safe, secure, and free platform where you can share your experience anonymously. Vigyaa.io can help you by providing
- 1. an opportunity to break your silence about the abuse you experienced
- 2. a safe place to connect with other survivors who can validate the pain you experience, share similar experiences, and coping strategies
- 3. a social support network, with a compassionate community of helpful members to encourage each other to break free from the narcissistic abuse cycle and addiction, and return to a life full of joy, happiness, freedom and abundance
We welcome all the survivors of narcissistic abuse to share their true stories being completely anonymous. You don’t even need to register/ login. By sharing your stories you will not only find strength and healing from narcissistic abuse but your insight and inspiration may help others to recover from abuse after a toxic relationship with a Narcissist. Start your journey towards healing from narcissistic abuse now.Read real stories of struggle, hope and narcissistic abuse recovery. Stories that will make you believe that you are not alone and transform your thought from “Why only me?” to “It’s not only me and I will be healed”